Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ride number 2

Took the bike back to the shop, had them put on clipless pedals (shimano 520, not really a road pedal, but does the job here, and you can clip in from either side) and bought some road shoes (specialized road comp). The shoes were a lot more than I planned on spending, but I didn't want the guy to think I was cheap, and they really felt good, and looked okay (a big plus for a bike shoe). With the cleats on, its hard to walk and not look like a duck, but out on the road, they were great, and really make things easier and help you go better, especially climbing hills. I've been told that no one has ever switched to clipless and not fallen over at least once when coming to a stop and forgetting to unclip. So far I'm the exception.

I went out for a test drive and got a little lost, ended up going 8.25 miles, about half of it on a newly paved, twisting road, with no cars, a really good road I will use again. Plus the ride ends coming down route 80 from the East toward my house, which is a nice long hill about half mile long, a nice way to end.

Wore bike liners, with less padding, and shorts over. Wore a new bike shirt, mostly white, with a full zip front which comes in handy. I may need a new helmet, as the inexpensive Bell helmet I have is really hot.

Date: 08/01/2011 2 PM
Type: Bike (Road bike)
Distance: 8.26 miles
Time: 0 hr 38 min 00 secs
Average speed: 13 miles/hr
Route: bartlett drive
Route link: http://www.logyourrun.com/showroute/OPmVWSoSGuLLBU

No comments:

Post a Comment